Gentlemen, let’s be honest for a second. With the combined pressures of work, relationships and finances, sometimes it all gets to be a little too much. Days get longer, nights become shorter and you tend to forget what day of the week it is. Sure, you can go to a bar and grab a drink every single day, but that tends to get old after the fourth day. You’ve already seen the same romantic comedy on Netflix three times this week with your significant other, so watching a movie is really not an option. So, what are you left with?
Luckily, there is no better remedy than a boys’ night out. That’s right! The band is gettin’ back together! Something memorable always happens when the boys get together for a night on the town. You’re free from the shackles of responsibility; you can relax and forget about your worries, even if it’s only for a few hours.
Now that you have the evening free (assuming you ran it by your significant other and got the approval), you’re ready for the night to begin. There’s only one problem: you have absolutely no idea what you’re going to do for the entire day.
Your mind begins to think of places to go, but suddenly it goes blank. Uh oh… After Googling “Boys’ night out in Beloit, Wis.,” you begin to lose hope that your boys’ night out will be epic because you failed to actually plan it out. We are here to tell you that there’s no need to panic.
Let’s think about this for a second. What do guys love the most? After a few seconds of soul-searching, you come up with four things:
Great! Now you have somewhat of an idea of what to do. But what place(s) offer all of these great things in Beloit? There’s no way that’s possible, right?
Let us introduce you to Lucy’s #7 Burger Bar, Ironworks Golf Lab and Merrill & Houston’s Steak Joint! Want to know the best part? They’re all conveniently placed within half a mile of each other and the hotel. Last time we checked, that was walking distance. Now, time to execute your game plan.
- Burgers (stuffed burgers to be exact). There’s only one place to go: Lucy’s #7 Burger Bar. One bite into any of their 10 stuffed burgers, including their BOM (Burger of the Month), will make you wish you had room for one more. Nothing compares to a perfectly cooked stuffed patty served on a freshly baked roll. Their fries alone could satisfy anyone! You know what pairs perfectly with a burger? You guessed it, beer. Which brings me to my next point…
- Beer. It’s the unofficial drink of boys’ night. At Lucy’s, there are 20 Wisconsin beers on tap, so there’s one for any one of your boys, even the pickiest of them. They have your classic domestics like Miller Lite, Wisconsin favorites Spotted Cow and Totally Naked, and newcomers like Weekend @ Louie’s. Seriously, if you don’t find a beer that you like at Lucy’s, you have some rethinking to do.Okay, now that you’re stuffed (pun intended), it’s time to hit the golf course, batting cages and zombie dodgeball battlefield.
- Sports. There’s no doubt about it, guys love sports and they hate losing. The folks over at Ironworks Golf Lab get that. With their three simulators, you can golf on 100 courses from around the world or play 14 other games, such as hunting, hockey, baseball and even zombie dodgeball. You could spend hours in there and not even realize it. Not only will you be having a blast with your boys, but you’ll also be burning off those calories you gained at Lucy’s.
- 3a. Bonus: Golf. If you’re ready to take your newly acquired knowledge from Ironworks Golf Lab onto an award-winning golf course, book a room with us and become a “Member for a Stay” at the Beloit Club. This pass gives you a chance to enjoy a round of golf at a discounted price, so if you like getting the most bang for your buck, this is the deal for you.
When you’re all done pretending to be the next Jordan Spieth, it’ll be around dinner time and you guys probably worked up quite the appetite. Cue the sudden craving for steak.
- Steak. Merrill & Houston’s is not your ordinary steak joint. As soon as you walk in, you are blown away by the décor that dresses the walls with photographs and artifacts embracing legendary stories, people and places representing the city of Beloit and the great people who built it. While the atmosphere draws you in, the food will get you hooked. One look at the menu and you’ll want to order one of everything.
Feeling brave? Order the Cowboy Steak special, a 22 oz. blackened bone-in ribeye. Watching your manly figure? There are smaller cuts that offer the same mouth-watering taste. Feeling adventurous? Try their one-of-a-kind Neptune Baked Potato on the side, as it combines your love for seafood and potatoes. It’s the best of both worlds. Lastly, end the day at the bar with a whiskey on the rocks.
By this point, you’re exhausted and happy you reserved a room at the Ironworks Hotel where you can rest your weary head because after a hard day of fun, you deserve a soft place to lay your head. What a perfect way to end a boys’ night out, am I right?
So there you have it, gentlemen, the perfect boys’ night out in good ol’ Beloit, Wis. By the end of the night, your boys will be high-fiving you and complimenting you on your event planning skills. You’re basically their hero now.
You can thank us later.